I will post up better pictures when I have my camera and lightbox unpacked from storage, but I am pleased with how these came out. I have finally become confident with the marble bases, so I will be posting up a tutorial for how to build and then paint these soon.
I used the new GW technical gemstone paints for the lightning claws. These are very easy to work with and produce a nice finish. Fits what I was after very well with minimal effort. The paint can be very gloopy though!
The keen eyed among you may notice the sergeant has a different tabbard (I think that is what they are called) between his legs, it is taken from the space marine commander plastic sprue. This was only because I lost the original, but actually it turned out quite nice, and adds a little bit of movement to the miniature that wasn't there before.
A group shot of the completed miniatures so far. Quite pleased to get all this infantry out of the way.
I have also had a go at painting the interior of my Deimos Pattern Rhino. I will be getting two more of these down the line, but for now, I am resolved to finish what I have before allowing myself any more toys.
This was quite a quick paint job, couldn't justify spending too much time on it.
I might add some chevrons around the yellow. I mean who doesn't love yellow and black chevrons.
To be honest, I think I need a little break from white before I finish off any more of this legion. Perhaps I need to dig out something a bit different for my next project.