Monday, 18 November 2013

Static defence- IG Auto cannon teams under way!

I have managed to scrape a few more hobby hours together, and have got cracking on the Infantry platoons heavy weapons teams. I am going to build six auto cannons for this platoon.

I hope to build my auto cannons like this...




...Which is a design I borrowed (stole) from the wonderful LeMediko, a tremendous hobbyist and painter on many of the WIP forums. I like the idea of remote control sentry guns, so rather than mount a seat on them, I will use a remote controlled fire system.

So far I have focused on batch producing all the pieces to build the weapons platform. 





Also, I have completed a quick mock up of the Heavy Mortar carriage. Still a good bit of work to carry out on this, but I would like to get it finished up relatively soon and get back to my hoplite, which sadly has been neglected due to a lack of inspiration. I cant quite seem to get to grips with how it is going to work.



I also managed to quickly paint up a rough rider, bringing the squad count up to seven. I have three more that need built, and have added them to my to do list as well. 

That is all for now. Hope to have more to show off soon. :)

7 comments:

  1. That certainly is going to be serious firepower,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the plan Tom! Plenty of armour piercing shells for the next time you bring your trukks to play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all just so...beautiful!

    Love the Autocannon. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Admiral. I got the design off Le Mediko from Work in Progress. check out his 2nd Selenia regiment

    ReplyDelete
  6. His stuff is absolutely wonderful! Has he a blog or a direct address perchance? Only, I'd love to send him compliments, but I don't do forums...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to find him anywhere outside the work in progress forum and warseer I'm afraid. His work is simply stunning, especially his trucks and colossus.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...